During this week we want to take time to pause and intentionally pray. I’ve walked through our prayer points in the video but also listed them below.
First, reflect on Easter and the true blessing it is that we have to celebrate what the holiday represents. Praise the Lord for His kindness in His willingness to send Christ to die for our sins and be raised so that we would be brought back to Him and freed from our sins.
Second, think about all those who listened to an Easter message for perhaps the first time yesterday and were able to hear of the goodness of Christ. Many people made decisions to follow Christ yesterday and we should be encouraged by God’s ability to work during this time of social distancing. Pray for all those who heard and for those who made a decision to follow Christ, ask that they would be encouraged during this time and lean into Christ and their new found faith.
Third, think about those who have been affected by this virus. Perhaps you are one of them. Whether it be concern over your health or the health of a family member or friend. If it’s a job that you’ve already lost or are worried about losing. Even if you know no one personally affected, pray for the strangers who are affected around the world that in some way Christ would provide for them.
Fourth and lastly, pray for those who are working to love and care for those who have been affected. Healthcare workers who are being exposed to the virus on a daily basis. Teachers who are learning how to teach kids virtually for the first time. Pastors and church staff who had to sit home or preach to empty churches during the day of the year that most celebrates the power and compassion of Christ. Truck drivers who haven’t seen their families in a month because they’re driving supplies across country. Store workers who are fighting to clean and stock shelves so we can be safe when making necessary trips out.
We’re on week 3 of meeting virtually. I am encouraged that in the future weeks will begin to add new members to our Summit G4 groups! Listen to our new video update to figure out process and to hear more about how Christ hopes to encourage and love us through our suffering!
This week we want to close with the following prayer points:
- Pray for those who have found themselves sick with the virus.
- Pray for the loved ones of those who have been found to be sick with the virus and those who have lost a loved one to the virus.
- Pray for all those who are deemed as essential workers and need to be able to still go into work.
- Pray for us as church leadership as we seek to serve the needs of our community as Christ Himself would seek to serve and love.
Lastly, another picture of Daisy Mae!
We’re on week two of meeting virtually and I hope that we will continue to serve your needs during this difficult time of social-distancing. During this weeks video below we will be walking through the importance of community.
Prayer points for this week:
- Pray for all those impacted by the corona virus not just physically but emotionally and those who are impacted with things such as jobs.
- Pray for those in healthcare who are working tirelessly to keep others safe.
- Pray for parents who are now not only working from home but are full-time teachers/educators/stay-at-home parents.
- Pray for G4 leadership, group facilitators, and participants as we all strive to serve and love our community during this time of hardship.
Please continue to look for updates from your group leaders about the specifics of your groups.
While G4 Groups might not be meeting in person, I would love to take a few moments to encourage you with an update of how groups will be taking place as well as share some encouragement from Isaiah 41: 8-10
This weeks Prayer Points:
- Pray for all those who have been impacted by the Corona Virus and those in the at-risk populations.
- Pray for our healthcare professionals who are working to keep us all safe and healthy.
- Pray for church leadership as they are learning how to care for people in a time of a new normal.
- Pray for your group facilitators as they learn the new normal of hosting group virtually.
- Pray that our groups would be fruitful during this period where we are not able to meet one another in person.
During these coming weeks when groups will likely not be meeting in person, it will be important to lean on others inside and outside of your G4 community!
We are praying for each of you!
While G4 Groups might be cancelled, I would love to take a few moments to share with you about accountability.
During these coming weeks when groups will likely not be meeting it will be important to lean on others inside and outside of your G4 community!
We are praying for each of you!